Each year the club runs a Handicap Tournament
- The event is open to all club-members, including juniors.
- Played over the best-of-three sets.
- Includes Mens / Ladies Singles
- Includes Mens / Ladies Doubles
- Includes Mixed Doubles
The finals for each category typically take place in August / September.
Members are paired randomly for the doubles matches by the men and ladies captain and vice-captains who also do their best to select a handicap for each player or pairing to make for a fair competition.
Rules and Guidelines for Play
- Deadlines for each round must be adhered to for fairness to others and to ensure all matches are completed by Finals Day.
- If a match is not played by the deadline then both pairs or individuals will be withdrawn from the tournament.
- It is the responsibility of both pairs/players for making the arrangements to play the match. Contact details can be found in the Members Area
- Please organise your matches early to minimise the effects of adverse weather or holidays.
- All participants should be available to take part / play on Finals Day.
Understanding the Handicap
Handicaps of -0.3 mean a minus point ON ALTERNATE ODD GAMES.
Handicaps of +0.3 mean a plus point ON ALTERNATE EVEN GAMES. e.g. So, a handicap of -15.3 verses +15.3 would be -30 verses +15 in odd games of each set (e.g. 1st, 3rd and 5thetc.) and -15 verses +30 in the even games of each set (e.g.2nd and 4th etc.).
Where opponents both have a positive handicap or both a negative handicap, the handicaps can be netted down e.g. Player A on -15 plays Player B on -30 then the match is played with Player A on scratch and Player B on -15.
If one player has a positive handicap and the opponent has a negative handicap the original handicaps must apply unchanged.
The above takes some thought but if you are unsure about anything please do not hesitate to ask the Mens and Ladies Captains.
Submitting Match Results
Please make sure you have a match-result submitted (even via a toin-coss ) by the due-date of your match.
This allows the tournament to progress smoothly.
Failure to have a result by the due-date will lead to both-parties being disqualfied and withdrawn from the tournament.